The potential application of the polygraph is astonishingly far and wide.
Virtually anyone in any position and/or in any situation can participate in a polygraph examination.
- Personnel about to be appointed to senior positions (better know as personnel screening)
- Person(s) suspected of committing certain crimes / misconducts
- Insurance companies – prevention of insurance fraud
- Shops / Factories – loss of stock / material / equipment / money…
- Business concerns – departmental investigations
- Transport companies – damage to and / or loss of cargo / vehicles / cash
- Banks – for a variety of reasons
- Security companies – investigating loss of firearms, possible ‘inside jobs’ pertaining to certain armed robberies, burglaries and other related crimes
- Domestic – partners being accused of adultery, relatives / friends accused of child neglect / abuse / maintenance claims
- Anyone else seeking the truth about a specific issue
- Anyone wishing to prove his / her innocence regarding a specific matter.